Wrote a movie.. now how do I get it made?

DaemonDiMorte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is this a full length feature, or a short film? In any production, it's a matter of money and who's willing to put in their time to do it. How much depends on the quality of production you are looking for. At Machinima Studios, I am raising funds to conduct a full studio operation, but I'm not ready to take on writers quite yet.

In live-action filming, you would find a production company that is interested in your work (must be careful who you approach) and has the money, or has resources to obtain money to produce films. With machinima, it isn't as well defined. This is a topic of the September magazine issue by the way, so I do have some thoughts on the subject. Like I said, I'm not in the position to produce yet, but others may be if you search. I am raising funds...but that takes a while. I don't have a rich uncle...lol. Wish I did.

Anyway, find a machinima creator that has the equipment and resources to create your film. I will warn, the average machinima creators (as far as I've seen anyway) prefer to create their own stuff and aren't interested in taking on someone else's project, particularly if the cost and time is on them and they may not see their money back from it. Something to keep in mind. The more professional online machinima communities may be a good place to start also.

One could be slmachinimaarts.ning.com to find some machinima creators. You're welcome to contact me at wayne@machinimastudios.tv if you want, although I'm not sure how much help I can be at this point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.