Looking for TOP DJ's for a new venue which will be massive.

Cryez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello my name is Cryez.

Im currently looking for top Dj's for a new club which is opening, the club, in my opinion being young has the best looking club and atmosphere I have so far seen in SL.

We are looking for DJ's who dont just play one song skip to the next, were looking for DJ's who do serious live mixes and seriously good sets, I will visit you when your DJing elsewhere to scout out your talent and see if you would be good for our new venue.

Private message me ingame or on here if you are interested or would like to know more.

Cheers.

Cryez.

We are unsure on pay yet, we are seeing what kind of interest we can gain to start with, and we dont just want to do Dj's all day every day, we would like to make it quite exclusive, so people look forward to a huge DJ playing on a wednesday night or a friday night if you get me. We are trying to make it a serious club scene.

I looked that up just recently, because of some doubt. The venue that hires the DJ (and makes the profits) is required to have a license. There's a few sites that you can go to for more information, like BMI. Google music license and you can find the others.

• 2 weeks later...

Gadget Portal wrote:

The venue that hires the DJ (and makes the profits) is required to have a license.

That's how it works for RL venues (mostly).  I myself have such a license IRL.  But the situation is slightly different on the Internet.  It is a different license to stream music on the Internet.  But I'm not sure how it's being done for Second Life.  I think I heard that a lot of "Internet Radio Stations" (outside of SL) had to go out of business about two years ago, because the fees went up so high.  I am wondering:  How do DJs in Second Life get the proper licensing for the music they stream?  Are they obtaining their licenses personally?  Is the streaming accomplished through some service that already has a license?  Or is it all entirely illegal and people just hope they won't get caught?  Or what?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.