Texturing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone, need some photoshop advice.

I want to make a tartan skirt. Found a lovely tartan pattern that I can multiply to make a seamless texture. Now, for the end of the skirt, I want to cut the bottom of the texture into little realistic strips of wolly fabric, like in real life. But I don't know how to get that effect. Any ideas?

I want to make a tartan skirt. Found a lovely tartan pattern that I can multiply to make a seamless texture. Now, for the end of the skirt, I want to cut the bottom of the texture into little realistic strips of wolly fabric, like in real life. But I don't know how to get that effect. Any ideas?

You can make the fringe effect by erasing parts of the tartan to transparent along the bottom of the texture.

However, if you do this, you have to make all the repeats in your graphics program, then upload. If you set multiple repeats inside SL for the skirt's prims, you will have multiuple fringe sections all over the skirt.

If the skirt is not made with flexi prims, you can make a fringe texture and apply it to a flexi prim for the bottom of the skirt.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4319 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.