Lost my gown

Kimber66

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Kimber. It sounds like you have worn shoes which come with an alpha mask that probably made your gown disappear. Some of these alpha layers sometimes do make disappear some of the other clothes you are wearing.

Go to your worn items and detach from your yourself all the elements of the shoes, especially the alpha mask (which looks like a little white squared shirt). Then try to find your gown in your worn items too, it normally should be there as the alpha layer made it invisible but did not actually take off yourself. If the gown is not in the worn items folder, check your lost and found doing a search by name.

Wear your gown again. Then to put your shoes on, choose "add" instead of "wear". The latests viewers, using this method, allow to wear multiple items attached to same points of the body. I hope this helps.

It could be what Valerie says...or it might be that you clicked "replace outfit" instead of "wear" or "add" when you tried to wear the shoes.

In any case, the gown is still in your inventory.  Perhaps the easiest way to find it is to use the Search box at the top of the inventory window.  Type in part of the name of the gown, and see what results come up.  The most likely spots to find your gown are:

• Objects folder.
  • Clothing folder
  • A separate folder with the name of the gown
  • Outfits folder (especially if you deliberately made an Outfit with the gown)
  • Received Items folder (if you bought the gown on the Marketplace, and did not move it from this area after you received it).  Received items does not look like the other folders...it's a separate area at the bottom of your inventory window.
  • (outside chance) Lost and Found, or Trash folders.

Be sure you are doing your looking in the "Inventory" tab of the inventory window, not the "Recent Items" or "Worn Items" tabs.  Or, DO look in the Worn Items tab...if you see any part of the gown there, it should give you a clue as to what folder to look in to find the rest of it.

NOTE:  There are two "top level" folders in the inventory..."My Inventory" and "Library".  The Library folder is "read only" and contains all the "initial stuff" you are issued when you start SL...including all of the starter avatar outfits.  You can find those in Library/Clothing/Initial Outfits.  ALL the stuff you buy, or are given, or get for free, or make from scratch, goes into the other top level folder, "My Inventory".  That's where you will almost always find your Stuff, unless it's one of the starter outfits.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4389 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.