Changing textures of other objects through another object...

Tomkinson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know the title of this is a little long, but I was just trying to explain my question...

During my travels I saw a presentation screen with an object next to it saying "Drop your slides here", I assume that means you can drop your slides onto the object like you were texturing that face and it would put the slides into the screen? Is this possible?

I ask because I have a presentation area that has four screens that display the same slides (I have my reasons :matte-motes-big-grin: ) and the ability to drop the slides into a single object and have them copied to all the screens would be massivly helpful. I assume it's done with scripting hence it being here, can anyone help?

Well, as far as the 'distribution' is concerened, if you have the neccessary permissions for the textures, you don't need top distribute them to the different presentation objects.  You can use llSetTexture with the UUIDs as well - and - given the proper permissions - these textures just have to be somewhere in SL.

Si, insted of dropping the actual textures, you could simply dopr a list with the UUIDs that the box reads and says to the presentation objects. If you like to read the UUIDs from the textures, use LlGetInetoryKey

Yes, if your four screens are linked as a single object it especially easy. All you'd need to write would be a quick routine to accept a texture that is dropped into the object, delete whatever texture was already in inventory, and display the new one on whatever faces you designate.  You could certainly make it fancier than that, but it your goal is simply to be able to drop a texture on one prim and have it show up on thre others, that's it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4352 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.