What happened here, and how do I fix it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I don't know where else to ask...in the process of walking around on my keyboard last night, my cat somehow managed to fix it so that when I mouse over an item for sale, I get the green dollar sign but no product info, i.e. the name of the item, description or price.  I can't find anything in Preferences or Advanced that looks like a way to turn this back on, and nobody I've asked inworld has had this happen to them.  Short of reinstalling the viewer, is there a way to fix it? 

You did not say whether you use a Mac or a PC.  You may get more help if you say which.  

Have you restarted your computer?  

If the cat  reset something in SL, you may need to do a clean install -  a regular install may retain the same settings,  Here is how to do a clean install, it it gets down to that:

How to do a clean install

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=fs_clean_reinstall

TKR

With the suggestion from Carn and some further testing, I think your cat turned off "Showhovertips"

If you are using Viewer 3, you can turn it back on thiis way:

use the advanced menu 

to turn that on, go to ME--Preferences -- Advanced -- click show advanced 

When you have the advanced button, click it, 

then click "show debug settings"

in the little window that opens type Showhovertips

If you see a dot next to False, you have found the problem.  Click True

If you are using some other viewer, you may need other instructions for finding debug settings, but it will be available

TKR 

Bloody cat. Mine always rolls all over my keyboard and logs me out of everything. Fuzzy little bastards the both of them. They once made a partnership offer to some total goofus. Some newbie **bleep** in a freebie suit rocked up and said he'd be my manager. Said I needed someone to do all my salesing, and that without him I'd amount to nothing and that I can't do it alone. He said I could continue to design and create, and that he'd do all sales work for a 50/50 cut. My cats said that that's really good and that I ought to go for it. My horrible little cats! I still feed them, and may at times pat them them, but my message is to go ignore all fuzzy cute things, and use your own spine. Gah what was this post about again? Bugger- I'm off topic....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.