Co-Owner for new Disney theme park

cammie2012

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life has a few different Disney tribute theme park sims on game. I want to develop a new Disney theme park sim called Disney Kingdom, which will be Walt Disney world based, and feature attractions and elements from all four of the Disney theme parks in Walt Disney World.  I need a co-owner who can invest into helping with tier, until donations come in. The co-owner must be responsible and have an advanced knowledge of both building and scripting They need to be able to build anything. This position is by interview only. To interview, please send me an IM.

Disney are notorioulsy letigious when it comes to their brand  you can be sure that if you were to do this Disney WILL hunt you down. They may not have got around to everyone on the grid, but they defintely cast an occasional eye in the direction of SL. A theme park has neen closed down in the past because of this and a resident who created a Mickey Mouse soft toy as a freebie was served a cease and desist notice and had the content removed.

Whilst I am peeing on your bonfire, I hope you don't mind too much if I play the devils advocate but you may want to consider what exactly you are offering here,  the co owner has to spend 100s of hours of building and scripting in order to fulfill your dreams and presumably under your direction and in return he is going to get half of whats left of your donations after you have covered costs, in reality this will be a cost to him and not an income. Is a person with 'advanced knowledge of building and scripting' who can build 'anything' likely to follow this route, I would say no, not if he is also 'responsible'.

One also has to ask if you have taken the ideas for content from Disney, someone else is going to build it, someone else is going to script it, and someone else is going to pay for it, what exactly is your role in this? 

It's great to see people coming up with ideas, SL needs entrepreneurs like you, but this particular idea probably isn't going to be a winner IMHO 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.