Visa Debit card

Tim3D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On the billing page, I entered my Visa Debit card info but the billing page jams up every time after entry. Do you not accept visa debit cards? Also, I'm an American living in Cambodia so the Visa Debit card is issued from a bank in Phnom Penh. I use my Visa Debit all over the world and in America. I noticed some stores had a problem swiping, but when they use the embedded "smart" chip it works fine. 

Update:  Well, it actually worked this time. Maybe it was some other glitch. Anyway, it appears SL does acept Visa Debit from outside the U.S.A. .

3 answers to this question

LL normally does not accept debit cards issued from outside the US. The turnaround would be to link your Visa Debit to a Paypal account (if debit cards are accepted by Paypal) and use it for your Second Life transactions.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-approved-signup-countries-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1f8e263663d3faee8d8494db9703d295b4a2116480ee01a05c

• Like 1

Commenting your edit/update:

I think it's impossible to know what is the LL's rule about Visa Debit Cards. Only two examples of a lon list of cases. I use a Visa Debit card for my payments to LL without problem, I'm from Spain. But I know Spanish Residents who cannot use Visa Debit Card (and they use my same bank). My RL sister cannot use a Visa Debit card of a Spanish bank, but she can use a Visa Debit of a Moroccan bank!!

Why? Mistery.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3672 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.