Need XML-Help: Notifications

Nya Jules

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya.. I've got the problem that I want to re-position the little toolbar showing group chat and notifications (the tiny horizontal toolbar, not the actual IM list container) and it's not working fully out yet.

What I've found out so far is that you can move the bar by making following changes in the panel_toolbar_view.xml:

Where it says "chiclet_container" (used if the debug setting "ShowGroupNoticesTopRight" is true) or "chiclet_container_bottom" (used if the debug setting is false), you can change the "bottom" value to move the bar up/down, and add a new property "left" to move the bar left/right (the left-value should be negative, or it'll be shifted to the right out of the screen).

So that way I can place the Group Chat/Notifications bar where I want it, but.. when there are new IMs, they will add to the left side of the bar, and I guess will eventually move out of the screen.

So my question is, how can I change the direction of new IMs to the right?

Update: Anyway roblem solved, got the IMs now at the bottom center, and new icons popping up from left to right.

I see you figured out the problem... but this info may help you in the future.

There is a section in the SL Wiki about working with the user interface (see Starlight link below). It explains how to make viewer skins. So, it should have all the information you need to make changes. I suspect it is out of date... specifics will change but most of the ideas remain the same.

There are a number of people that would probably be happy to help or at least point you in the right direction. Try attending the Open Source user group run by Oz Linden.

Also, chase down Hitomi Tiponi. She wrote much of the Starlight Skin article in the wiki. Hitomi's posts The furry Amythist that builds the Niran Viewer does a load of skin and interface changes. She seems to be an XML in SL wizard.

I write about technical changes in SL in my blog. But, I don't cover viewer skins at the technical level that would interest you. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.