How to Rotate and move around a fixed point using a predefined axis. ?

Johan Bizet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a 3 prims.  2 ears and 1 head.  It is a deer head and i have been stuggling to write a script in the Head/((parent)) prim that would move and rotate the ears on pre defined axis. 

I have been http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Rotation#Single_or_Root_Prims_vs_Linked_Prims_vs_Attachments

Trying to figue out what to use. But the main thing i am stuggling with is the layout of the script >,<!

Need some help please been struggling for hours and have not gotten anywhere neat yet to what i want :(

I'm glad you are spending time with that table on the Rotations page in the wiki.  As I commented to you in PM, that whole page is your primary source for basic information about rotations.  I probably was remiss in not aiming you at a more specific solution to your own challenge, though.  Take a look at this forum thread from last week >>>  http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/llGetLinkPrimitiveParams-vs-GetLocalRot/td-p/1580033 , in which the OP was asking how to rotate a child prim relative to another child prim.  You're facing a similar challenge, and the answer is the same.  You daisy chain rotations by multiplying them from right to left.  Your ears will rotate back and forth relative to the root prim, so you want to calculate each local rotation by multiplying the root' rotation by whatever small rotation you want to apply to each ear.  As you lay out your script, you'll want to trigger each ear wiggle by firing your SLPPF call from inside a timer event, perhaps with a random time interval.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.