Bounding box

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, Wonder if someone has a solution to this. 

I have created a sculpty tikki deck using an in world sculpty tool but when trying to stand on the deck I find myself about 5 foot in the air !  I understand this is because when i edited the sculpty to the size i wanted it, after rezzing,  the bounding box also increased in size and extends well beyond the actual structure.   I could set the structure to phantom and place a transpaerent prim within the deck but this will surely make the entire structure phantom?

Any help much appreciated - thanks :)

The physics shape of a sclpty is the same as that of a torus with zero hole size (basically a sphere with flattened top and bottom).  There's no way to force it to become any other shape.  It is what it is.  That's just the nature of sculpties.

If you want to be able to walk on that deck, you've got a couple of options.  One is to turn it phantom, as you your self suggested, and build a physics lattice out of prims.  The other is to ditch the sculpties, and use a proper mesh model.

I'd highly recommend the latter.  It's fairly silly to make something like this out of sculpties.  As a (well made) arbitrary mesh, it would look better, behave properly in terms of physics, cause far less lag, be MUCH easier to texture, and very likely have a significantly lower land impact.  It's a win-win-win-win-win, with nothing to lose.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.