What is the best way to promote an event for disaster relief?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys, although I am not new to sl, some of the cairity events I have attnded have been poorly attended.  I am wondering if it is due to lack of publicity, or lack of intrest.  

Can you guys give me some tips to making a fund raising event a huge success as we need quite a bit of money.  Are there certain cubs, or venues that are mroe geared towards fund raising events?  If I have an event on my land, what are some of the things I need to consider to publisize the event so it is well attended?  

The event would go directly to those in Colorado USA that have been displaced by the fire. Hundreds of homes have been lost, and thousands of acres burned.  The 2 most devestaing fires are High Park and Waldo Canyon.  I want to set up a sl fund to accept donations to help the victims of these fires.  I have friends that are directly affected and 100% of proceeds would go to t

Hi eagle well for me I never hear much of them,, and 2 my next thought is how I know it really trusted,, you hear of so many of getting rip off ,, I know you who you are in sl n I`am not saying you would do anything like that,, but who is giving money away these  days no matter how good deed is....so I guess I have  both lack pubicity and lack of interest,, remember a lot come here to get away from RL ,,I wish you well with it still

Send a note card to different SL bloggers and hope they post something about it, I guess. Ask merchants you know well to put out a collection box. That's what most people raising funds do, I think, but I don't know for sure. There are a lot of charities asking for money in SL, but you probably know that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.