Why am i getting recurring charges on my account with out my permission and without my card info?

thelostkeymaker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am getting reacure charges and i dont know why... how can i fix this?

I may have to close down my account as a result to the illigal activity

I have cheaked all account transaction histories and all possible areas and nothing shows up except for the billing info which dosent really show what im paying for.

I dont have premium or anything like that I'm not sure what is going on.

USCG Auxiliarist Whittemore

3 answers to this question

Hey there Lost,

I checked you out - RAWR - :cattongue:

You are the member of a number of groups. You have probably joined a group that took the defaults for the various Roles of membership. Specifically the "Pay Group Liabilities and Receive Group Dividends"

A lot of folks create groups and invite members into them without realizing this this is a default option for the 3 Roles created for you when you create any group. How does this option affect you?

When a group owner has their parcel deeded to the group and then elects to have the parcel  [X] list in search, that costs 30Ls per week which is paid each Tuesday morning.  This expense is then shared across all members of the group in a Role that has this setting. Depending on the number of people in the group in that role, you will be charged with your share of that liability.

Look in your transaction History for these charges: Link Below:

https://secondlife.com/my/account/transactions.php?lang=en-US

Be sure to select a range covering the last Tuesday date.

If you see a Group Transaction in there for a few Lindens then...

1) Chat with the group owner and see if they are aware of this setting. If they don't correct this then

2) Leave the group so you aren't charged anymore..

ALSO - Roseysun Galicia's answer has additional great things for you to look at;

Response to your update:

I have checked all account transaction histories and all possible areas and nothing shows up except for the billing info which doesn't really show what I'm paying for.

I don't have premium or anything like that I'm not sure what is going on.

OK - What does the transaction say? Can you post it here?  - below is an example of a group charge being levied by one of my groups where 2 of us pay for the L$30 Listing fee.

05/29/2012 01:25:47 d2e25b5d Destination: .:LETS ROCK!:.
Group Liability 
L$15

If you suspect Linden Lab of charging your card you must have linked it someday to your SL account (buying LS, paying for services etc).

The very first thing to do is to check who is really charging your card, and you must contact your bank to know it or check it yourself on your bank account history.

And do not worry - if somebody charged you card by mistake or is stealing money you always have chargeback option. But use it only when you are 100 sure that it is not your mistake.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.