Showcase

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

spin round in your chair in the opposite direction

that works for some people i hear (:

+

serious tho. i dont know. have been having the same probs as well. same with my invent not loading last few days. sometimes is good. but most times not 

i wants to kill someone over it (: 

Hi Bratty,

since you call it Showcase, I suppose you're on Phoenix or maybe Firestorm.

I used Showcase every day to find new interesting places, but LL's changes made Showcase quite pointless. The spinning circles are no problem for me. The list is loaded in a second. But all you get is a small selection of destinations that belong to a particular category, not the complete list. If you compare the list you get with a category of the website for destinations, you'll see that the website lists far more destinations.

In my opinion, LL made a terrible change to the worse when they redesigned search, and the offical viewer is of no help in this matter. Here's a quick overview of issues from my point of view:

1.) Long loading times. If you make it through the barrier of spinning circles, you can call it a lucky day.

2.) The pictures you get are much too small to give you an idea of the kind of visual design you could expect from a place. This might be different on lower resolutions, but on a 1920*1080 screen the pictures look like small stamps and it's hard to recognise anything at all on them.

3.) The old Showcase listed new added places on top. That made it easy to make a daily check for new destinations. Now you have to look at every single category to see if there's anything you don't already know.

For me, the small pictures are a particular nuisance, so I don't use the client's search anymore at all when I look for new destinations. The only solution seems to be the website. It features larger pictures and the list is complete, but you still have to look into every category. And when you found something, you have to make it send a LM to your client (Two more clicks). So all in all the process is still somewhat cumbersome. As a result, my daily checks for new destinations are a matter of the past and I have to admit that without the constant flow of new places to explore, my SL has become (at least slightly) less exciting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.