Scripts +doubling land impact

Apple Pumpkins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seems to me ....

Land impact is the highest of server weight, download weight and physics weight. A door should have a physics shape of just a single box, whose physics weight is 0.36. Only the server weight is incresed when you add a script. That means you must have had a server weight of 3.5 (which was rounded down to 3 with no script). That means your door must have had 7 separate meshes, which is unecessary. You should combine it all into one mesh. Then its server weight will be 0.5 and will rise t 1.0 when you add the script. Then the LI will depend only on the download weight. (Did you make this door with sketchup? That's the sort of thing Sketchup tends to do.)

Of course, I may be completely wrong.

The door mesh is only 2 different meshes itself. I use 3DS Max. There's the door itself and then the door handle which is a seperate mesh because I wanted to make it shiny and glow a little. There is another linked prim which is the door axis. So essentially there are only 3 components to the single door.

Thank you for your reply though, I guess I will try and condense the handle and door together and scratch having some shiny and glow effects on the handles, and see if this improves land impact with the script.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4344 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.