Do you waste time on the net & kinda hate that?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know I did...

I like certain sites but then found I was spending way too much time on them accidentally... nearly everyday :catindifferent:

I found this neat free addon called "Leechblock" which time limits how much time you spend on sites.

Leechblock is for Firefox users, but if you want this kind of thing there is similar tools for all browsers.

It's working great for me. Lots more time to do other stuff I meant to do but never got around to.

You can enter all the sites you don't want to spend huge amounts of time on & set the time you'd like to spend per day.

Really cool I think if you are like me & lose track of time... or just can't restrain yourself on the net sometimes :catvery-happy:

I'm not into Facebook, twitter and all those so called 'social network' sites.  The only site i spend a lot of time on every day  is SL   I visit other sites to look things up or just for fun, but i don't go to them everyday and am only on them long enough to do what I came to do.

Sounds like a great too though for some people and especially for parents to control their kids internet time.

me too... luckily i never got sucked into the (anti)social natworking junk. never saw the attraction really. supply free content & expose all my personal info to some company so they can datamine me & profit off selling me out... um no thank you :catindifferent:

my weakness was news mostly. trying to untangle what's really happening in Syria, how is Mr. Poppo recovering from the 'zombie attack', how is Egypt's revolution working out, etc, etc... it just goes on and on all sorts of endless interesting bits of information & stories from all over the world to get lost in.

all instantly accessible happening in realtime. eek :catsurprised:

Very pleased with my solution to information overload :cathappy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4342 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.