Mesh Blouse Rigging(weight paint) Question

Rux Anatra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I am creating this blouse i have a problem with the areas that i've circled in red.When the arms are down it enters the body. If i assign the weight to the shoulder the sleeve will enter in the blouse..if i assign more to the torso/chest it will stick the other way. I fight with this blouse more than 3 days on just  the rigging part:)I;ve rigged blouse shirt tops before but this one its giving me nightmares.Any suggestion or  tips??

Ty very much

Rux

rigging shirt.JPG

It is hard to see the faces of the blouse. But, it appears that is the problem.

The edge loops run across the breasts and continue out onto the sleeve under arm. The edge loops under the arm should make fan... like an Asian fan. The hinge point should be on the shoulder. You need to create an accordion under the arm so the sleeve can fold up.

I suggest you look through modeling tutorials on YouTube to see how they make sleeves and model shoulders.

It is going to be tricky to get the weighting right. You are going to have to work out a balance between the torso and the upper arm. 

I would move the arm down about a quarter of the way and adjust the weighting. Then on to half, three-quarter and 100%. Then move it back to the T-pose and start over. With practice you'll figure out how to make it work.

You also could try a  trick:

• Instead of modelling for the T Pose mesh, model the mesh for a "default standing pose", or whatever you think is the most common pose that is used when your item is worn.
  • When you are done, make a copy of your model (because what comes now is tricky...)
  • Then enable proportional edit and bend your mesh into the T Pose.
  • Then rig it and weight it.

Maybe it needs some trial and error until you get somewhere with this. But its worth a try i believe. And if you just can't get it right, google for "T pose bake" :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4340 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.