Double clicking for gestures

unimatrix0 Blaukempt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I click for my gestures I get the wording in local & no sound. Then with the 2nd click they are synched as they should me. I have also just started having issues with not being able to hear the music in certain areas. Now, just tonight I started having issues with gestures having a 5 second delay between the animation/sounds/words. I was using Firestorm & tried both Phoenix & the SL viewer & had the same problem. I have a new 'puter --a quad core 64 bit running Windows 7 & plenty of memory so, I'm stumped. :matte-motes-not-entertained: Any ideas as to what might be going on? Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Yes.  You are experiencing the bug described in this JIRA >>> Sounds aren't played at first attempt

Normally, an avatar cannot hear a sound when it is first played unless the sound has been preloaded.  Scripters usually do that by either adding a llPreloadSound function call to their scripts or by playing a sound once at zero volume and then a second time at full volume.  With this bug, the llPreloadSound method no longer works.   Until Linden Lab techs find a fix, all sounds need to be played twice.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.