Rideable avatars question

peacemaker2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Iv'e seen a few avatars in the Marketplace where one character wears the "Vehicle", whereas the friend rides them like a "Driver" if they were driving a car or riding a bike, or one where the first player's an animal avatar, and the second rides them like the first is a mount, like a horse or something. 

Questions:-

Is it possible to have a first person atop a second (in vehicle avatar form) atop a third (in the third's vehicle avatar form) please? 

Also, when person A is riding person/vehicle - mount B, who controls the direction/flight please, person A or B? 

peacemaker2 wrote:

Is it possible to have a first person atop a second (in vehicle avatar form) atop a third (in the third's vehicle avatar form) please?  

No. You can have 'combined' vehicles with more than two sit points (i.e., a threeseater, fourseater), but you can't make a vehicle out of two vehicles. I don't know why you'd want to 'stack' people but that can be done easily too, using sit-targets.

peacemaker2 wrote:

Also, when person A is riding person/vehicle - mount B, who controls the direction/flight please, person A or B? 

This varies by implementation. Either sitter can control it, depending on the scripts involved. I would assume the first person to sit usually controls, but it may vary.

It would probably be an interesting experiment for you to carry out.  You can buy couples animations on the marketplace - Rendezvous are one I know of - where you can walk together or fly or swim.  One person takes control of the animations, and you can ride like piggyback, with your arms wrapped around someone.  Now, obviously, if one of those people is in non-human form, the animations aren't going to look the same, but in theory it should be possible for someone to make animations that would fit with the non-human avatars. 

Have a look around the Second Life Marketplace and see what is on offer. Also look for rideable vehicles. You can get much more information in the product's description there.

Edited to add:

If you are just wanting to set up photographs with people posing atop something, rather than riding it across the linden highways, look (again on Second Life Marketplace) for something called an Anypose HUD. With this you can rez a number of pose stands, and use the HUD to get people into the position you want.

• 9 months later...

the sad thing is though those posewalker things like rendezvous seem to lag terribly in most sims. They make me walk endlessly through walls or boost themselves to fly off into the lost inventory world. 

Also there are sims (rp sims) where they aren't allowing to let one rez anything of those.

Can I still hope that SL will soon find a way to allow it to make the characters without the need of jumping on a poseball or scripted object to get others to ride em (no pun intended; I am thinking of horse avatars), by simply having an object worn by them?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.