Issue with Importing mesh avatar with "skin weights"

Alden Tone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm currently using Blender version 2.62

The issue that I'm coming across is that I can't upload the mesh avatar that I have created and rigged, with "skin weights." The box is greyed out.

I've checked to make sure that everything's in order: the count of the polygons is only 1976, there are no duplicate vertices, the normals are all facing outward, the armature contains all 26 bones, and that I actually applied the modifier before trying to export. The weights were assigned properly to the mesh and everything deformed properly in pose mode within Blender. But for some reason I cannot import the project in to SL with skin weights.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

(Thank you all for your time!)

In the SL Importer you have a button [clear form]

Just to be sure its not this odd reusage of old data by the SL importer, you can try this:

• upload model ...
  • clear settings & reset form
  • See if you can now set "with weights"

If that does not help i would like to take a look at your blend file if that is possible. You can drop it to pasteall.org and publish the link here, or send me the blend file to my email address.

@monti: No you do not need to apply the armature modifier, except if you use shape keys.

Thank you for responding, Gaia, but I don't think it's an issue with the .slm data files. I havn't actually uploaded the model yet, only viewed it in the importer, so there were never any data files created for it. I'm going to try exporting without applying the modifier first and if I still have no luck, I'll ship you the blend file.

• 4 years later...

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is the right place in which my problem can be fixed. I'm quite new with mesh clothes but i do really hope someone can help me!

I'm using Blender 2.72 and Avastar 1.7.0 (purchased) and doing some test to find my workflow. When I import a mesh cloth in SL (rigged on the Maitreya kit) as a fitted mesh i see it great in the preview window but when I import it, selecting the skin weight option, the mesh collapse! 

I have already fixed the issues concerning the "origin&rotation" and the cloth works great in Blender.

This i what i get if i select the "skin weight" option in the preview window in SL: https://gyazo.com/5f28b482706a6dc148ab061fb1095477.

This is what i get if i don't select the "skin weight" option in the preview window in SL.

https://gyazo.com/37b590419c245b238e991ead55c0ba24

In both cases, the cloth collapse in to my body when i wear it.

Does anyone can help me?

Thank you all for your help and forgive me for my poor english...:P

Anne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.