Rezzer on sit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a simple script that can rezz een book from a chair on sit. And de-rezz when standing up.

I tried MLP, but thats to complicated, and lots of setup, and waiting for scripts and stuff.

On the marketplace I only find scripts that rezzes whole sims.

Can somebody help me with this script, or point me to the right place on the marketplace?

Thanks in advanced :)

I'm not sure you're asking in the right forum - this forum is for duscussing scripting issues, not for providing scripts. If that's what you want, you should look in the Wanted forum.

If, however you want to try and write such a script, it isn't hard to do - here are the ingredients:

1. Difine a sit target using llSitTarget()
  2. use the changed event  - if the the links have changed, test if a ava is sitting on the prim with llAvatarOnSitTarget (btw. - you'll find a nice example of most of what you need on that page
  3. If is is a sitting ava that triggered the change even, use llRezObject
  4. if the changed event was triggered by an avatar standing up, you send a message to the book, telling it to die. For doing so, use llSay, llListen and the listen event

If you decide to script it yourself, don't hesitate to come back with any problems or questions that arise from setting the script up.

What you need is a little (couple of lines script) which

1. You put in the book
  2. Link the book temporarily to the "sit" object in a manner that the "sit" object remains the root (or just a prim of it of course)
  3. E.g. upoon touch (only by creator - you) will tell you its position and rotation, relative to the root prim (part of the "sit" object)
  4. You use the data you just got from the script along with llRezAtRoot() as it's described in the 2nd Example there.

That should do the job.

I tried to find the right scripts for years now, and just did not find it.

All what I try ends up what I don't want. If there is somebody out there that has a simple small object rezzer with a menu, I will buy it!

For example: I made a ladder with a paint can on top, I want to rezz out a can, or a toolbox on top of the ladder.

If you touch the ladder, the menu should come up, and ask you what to do, paint or hammering.

In that way I can keep the prims low (ladder 1 prim) and more nice option what you can do with a ladder :)

Thanks for all the help, you guys are great!!

If you are looking for a script that someone else has written, the place to look is the Wanted forum or Marketplace (or dozens of places in world).  If you want to hire a scripter to write something for you, post in the Inworld Employment forum.  This forum is a place for scripters to share insights about scripting and to ask for help with scripts that they are writing themselves.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.