Rezzing a item with 2 parts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought a swing for my yard & everytime I try 2 rez it I get a massage that says "can't rez 2 objects in the same place". There is an cuddle animation that's included but, other than that is seems as though it should be a basic rez?? I'm sure this as been asked a million times already so, sorry in advance!:matte-motes-big-grin-evil: Any advice on how I can make it work would be greatly most welcome! Thanks,Uni :matte-motes-dead:

If the sing has a supporting frame there are two objects, the swing itself, and a frame that holds it.  Some swings are just he swing though if it is intended to be hung in a tree.

You should be able to rez the objects together, but SL has been  having some strange rezzing issues lately and that may be the cause.  I've been unable to rez things myself and get strange messages, but after waiting a bit, I generally can.  Just in case this helps, makes sure your in object edit mode when you rez it.  Keep your mouse button held down once it appears and you will be able to move both objects at the same time to place them where you want them.

Maybe another poster has some other ideas

Rez the swing, rez the holder, move them so they are in the right relationship to each other. Now edit the swing hold shift and click on the holder, both will be highlighted, right click and Take. They will both go into your inventory as one item. Drag it from inventory and both pieces will be the way they were when you took them but they will still be two different items.

The problem I seem to be having is that I'm only showing one object extracted when I open the box. And yet, when I try to rez the swing iit seems it comes in two parts. I searcvhed all through my inventory & still only show one object. I tried contacting the merchant but, received no reply. I bought another swing from another vendor but, am having the same issue. There must be something I'm missing....I hate being a noob! :smileyembarrassed:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.