Display Names to Key and profile picture .help pls

victory Beyaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I truly do not understand what you are asking, but if it involves getting an avatar's key from its Display Name, you will not be able to do it.  Display Names are not unique.  There could be 50 avatars with the same Display Name.  Even getting a UUID from a username is difficult.  There is no LSL function that can do that, so you need to search an external database, like this one >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Name2Key .

I'm not sure why you need to do any of that, of course.  As I said, I cannot understand what you are trying to do, but if you expect someone to touch an object in order to pay it, you will automatically know the person's UUID from the touch* or money event.

I want to design a contest board.
There will be 64 small boxes in the board.
Those who participate in the contest will click the board and pay a price.
After payment the name and the picture of the person will be shown
The board will turn to red and a note will send to the person. Nooneelse can click on the board.

There is no function in LSL to obtain an avatar's key with only their display name. It is however not needed. When an avatar pays, the scripts also receives the key of this avatar. Then it can use this key in the function llGetDisplayName(). That is all you need to do to handle display names.

Once the money received, you can simply set the price to zero. But the nicest way is to switch to another state where there is no money() event. This way nobody can pay at all. All the script has to do is to wait for a signal telling it to accept money again. (You did not talk about this part.)

As for the profile picture, there are plenty of scripts for this everywhere. For example: here.

By the way, this is almost all that you need to do once you have the avatar's key.

If you are simply using the 64 boxes as tiuch-sensitive swtiches, to tell when a person have selected that particular box, use llDetectedTouchST.  Divide a face of a single prim into 64 areas, and identify each one by its boundary coordinates.  That will save you 63 prims.  However, if you want each box to change its appearance when someone touches it -- maybe by displaying the person's photo -- then you need to use 64 separate prims.  That is a very tedious challenge.  I do not recommend it unless you believe that it is absolutely necessary, and unless you have the extra prims to burn. 

If you want to make the clicked box turn red temporarily, try rezzing a temporary red cube at the coordinates of the box.  It will highlight the selection for a little less than a minute and will then disappear.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4346 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.