I am being stalked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Brenda Connolly wrote:

If you feel your local police can't handle your situation, you can always go to the state authorities like the Attorney general. They usually have cyber crimes units. If you feel truly threatened and worried, there is always the FBI.

Not everybody in SL lives in the US.....

Since you know what she's doing/saying - you obviously haven't muted her so, in theory - you must like the drama.

Since your friends are also seeing/hearing what she's doing/saying and relaying it to you, they must also like the drama, which still means you like the drama because you put up with it/listen to them.

If you're serious about getting rid of this lady - and I don't think you are - but if you truly are - 

1. Mute her.

2. Tell  your friends to mute her or keep whatever she says/does to themselves. If they won't, get new friends.

3. Ban her from your land/home.

4. Ask the place you work to do the same. If they won't, get a new job.

5. Put the spoon down and quit stirring the pot.

I guarantee you that following these simple steps will just about rid you of this lady for good. In fact, simply doing #5 would help tremendously.

• 1 year later...

All the advice about counter actions in SL against stalkers is certainly valuable and recommended in the first place. Period. Silence. BUT.

Meet the advanced methods. Face professionalism. Learn that the fun for the stalker begins only after you have applied all these counter measurements.

(1) Is there any method not to get involved with any of your own avatars and attack and spam your target by innocent others? Yes, there is. Simple, when you know how.

(2) Is there any method to spam a place with any text or picture, defaming or RL disclosure, despite all is shut off, except public access (due to the nature of your stay in SL, and not because you like drama)? Yes, there is. Simple, when you know how.

(3) Is there any method to defame you to a rapidly growing group of the same people? Yes, there is. Simple, when you know how.

Is there any help against this? ARs seem not to work. Scripting your own anti-griefer tools is of some help.

I do not mention how (1) and (2) and (3) work or worked or still work, for the obvious reason not to "inspire" griefers.

I do not advertise my scripts here or anywhere else.

The solely purpose of this answer is to tell that griefing goes beyond all simple counter measurements and beyond all ARs. It has become a form of entertainment, even a form of addiction to adults. And it looks that LL cant cope with it.

It is, however, a certain relief that members of the community think about and work on forms of help and counter measurements.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.