Character is not rezzing properly or invisible

Sabactus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday my characters face disappeared. In the course of trying to fix it the rest of the characters appearance disappeared. Nothing rezzes in properly whether it be shape, clothing, hair, skin, eyes, etc. I have reset to default male avatar, cleared cache 3 times, uninstalled and reinstalled Firestorm, installed Linden Viewer and logged in there. Still the problem presists. My firends and I are at the end of our rope on this. Any other suggestions?

Edit-Also have tried to fix it in different sims as well.

Edit 2 - Upload and download speeds show good performance with 0% packet loss. New information, when editing shape none of the previews show up.

Edit 3 - Started a new character and logged in and had the same problem so I believe this eliminates an item in my inventory as a possible cause.

2 answers to this question

Most of the time when you have a recurring appearance problem with your avatar, it's because you have a flaky Internet connection.  It may be fine for e-mail and web browsing, or playing online games, but not for the sort of continuous data streaming that SL relies on.  People who use wireless for SL have this problem a lot, because wireless is not meant for this sort of environment. It is susceptible to interference from everything from cell phones to fluorescent light fixtures.  Or your router may be failing, overheating, or just in need of a reboot.  Unplug it from the power for  few minutes to let it recover.  Or maybe you have data cables that are running across unshielded power cords.  Or maybe your ISP is having trouble.  Read Nalates' blog to see how to handle these and other connection problems >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Meanwhile, although you have tried some of the quick solutions to fixing your appearance -- the symptoms of the larger connection problem -- take a look at the full list of possibilities >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.