Unable to file harassment report because the guy's name is not showing up... would I just file a tic

Julicat1488313733

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

ehhhhh ok.  How did the blackjack table abuse you?  You can always file an abuse report using Governor Linden for the name and then explain in the text that you could not figure out the name of the person that gave you the object.  Not sure what catagory you would report under however.  Objects that might be used for gambling can also be used for entertainment.  The object itself cannot break the TOS and owning the object or giving it to someone else doesn't either.

Even if you knew the name, I'm not sure based on the information you provided that you have a valid AR

--Cinn

--||-

Reading the TOS, it looks to me as if the violation is to "(vii) Operate or profit from a "game of chance" In Second Life." The Official Policy Regarding Wagering states "It is a violation of this policy to wager in games in the Second Life® environment operated on Linden Lab servers if such games: Rely on chance or random number generation to determine a winner, OR Rely on the outcome of real-life organized sporting events, AND provide a payout in Linden Dollars (L$) OR Any real-world currency or thing of value."

Is simply possessing a "game of chance" a violation? Is giving someone else a "game of chance" a violation? A strict reading says no.

Just delete it. LL has too much on its plate as it is.

ETA: "Unable to file harassment report...." There was harassment?

• Like 1

More information would be helpful.  Was the "TOS violating object" that was given to you the blackjack table?  Or did the table itself give you some other object that you believe violates TOS?

You can find out the name of an object's creator by right clicking it and selecting Inspect.

Also, the Abuse Report form gives you the option to report a griefing object...by selecting the object, the object's owner is also automatically selected.

HOWEVER...I'm not at all sure that what you have encountered is a TOS violation.  For example...

...I can create a simple green-felt topped table, some card and chips objects, and call this thing a "blackjack table".  It is a prop.  It LOOKS like a blackjack table.  You and your friends can sit around it and even appear to be playing blackjack.  But there is no gambling going on, no $L are changing hands, and this is not a TOS violation.  Only actual gambling is prohibited, not the appearance of gambling.  Or...

...I can do as some very clever people have done, and create an actual scripted blackjack game.  People can be dealt cards, and if they win, can accumulate "chips" or tokens.  As long as the chips have no value, and cannot be exchanged for something of value, this is NOT GAMBLING, per LL's definition and by previous rulings.  Again, this is not gambling, because people are not receiving money based on the action of random chance.  Some very popular clubs feature these tables for "friendly games" of blackjack or Texas Hold'em

EDIT:  Or are we all misunderstanding your complaint?  You mention "harrassment" and "the sim it links to".  Did this object send you a teleport offer to some dark and nasty place?  This is not a TOS violation, although pushy adverising objects can certainly be an annoyance.  Again, we could use a clearer description of the problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.