Help finding place: elevated dance floor, flowers & sunset

Vaelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I was in SL previously (before the Big Purge...  omg, never again!) I used to love visiting a location which I'm hoping still exists and someone can point me to, please:

It was a dance floor, quite elevated above the ground level (though not a sky platform) which had a sort of Greco-Roman style to it with balconies and columns, I think it had a couple of levels in itself;  and then there were other dance floors at ground level (well, at least one) and I remember this most magnificent curtain of flowers by that ground-level dance floor.  Also, there were romantic locations for lovers, including some inside little skyboxes (not far above the ground though).  And I remember the place had perpetual sunset (or sunrise, but I somehow think it was sunset).

Not sure if that's enough to identify it, and if it still exists...  but I yearn for that place since returning.  Please point me there if you can  :)

Edit:  Hmmmm...  I have a slight feeling the name of the place might have included the word 'meadow'...  but maybe not...  that may be a clue or a distractor!  But I mention it just in case...

Vaelle wrote:

When I was in SL previously (before the Big Purge...  omg, never again!) I used to love visiting a location which I'm hoping still exists and someone can point me to, please:

It was a dance floor, quite elevated above the ground level (though not a sky platform) which had a sort of Greco-Roman style to it with balconies and columns, I think it had a couple of levels in itself;  and then there were other dance floors at ground level (well, at least one) and I remember this most magnificent curtain of flowers by that ground-level dance floor.  Also, there were romantic locations for lovers, including some inside little skyboxes (not far above the ground though).  And I remember the place had perpetual sunset (or sunrise, but I somehow think it was sunset).

Not sure if that's enough to identify it, and if it still exists...  but I yearn for that place since returning.  Please point me there if you can  
:)

I'm sorry Vaelle but i cant help you locate this club. I'm curious about what the "Big Purge" was tho .. Care to elaborate on that please?

Jeanne

<giggle>  The Big Purge was just me deleting my account and vowing that I had put SL behind me forever.  I lost hundreds of RL dollars invested in my avie and all kinds of gear she owned, so as I am gradually rebuilding I now know that in future, if ever I need to take a break, I will do just that, and keep my account for when I *will* come back.  I've learned now that I will never truly and forever leave SL.  Thanks for being interested, Jeanne.

And it's breaking my heart that I can't yet find my way back to the magical dance place I used to go to.  <sigh>  I had even taken my profile picture there, against this unbelievably beautiful backdrop of sunset and flowers.

Vaelle wrote:

<giggle>  The Big Purge was just me deleting my account and vowing that I had put SL behind me forever.  I lost hundreds of RL dollars invested in my avie and all kinds of gear she owned, so as I am gradually rebuilding I now know that in future, if ever I need to take a break, I will do just that, and keep my account for when I *will* come back.  I've learned now that I will never truly and forever leave SL.  Thanks for being interested, Jeanne.

And it's breaking my heart that I can't yet find my way back to the magical dance place I used to go to.  <sigh>  I had even taken my profile picture there, against this unbelievably beautiful backdrop of sunset and flowers.

Oh! LoL .. i thot mebbe SL purged ppl's accounts or something .. Sorry that you lost your inv .. I hope you find that club! Best wishes ...

Jeanne

Oh...  hee hee, yes...  I wondered if that's what you had thought;  but no, it was just me being crazy!

Thanks for your good wishes, and who knows...  maybe someone will recognize the place I'm talking about.

Okay!!

I finally found it...  and it did include the word 'meadow' (as per my Edit to my first post).

It's called Midsomer Meadows.  Just do a 'Places' Search and you'll find it.  The two highlights for me are the upper and lower dance floors - send me and in-world IM and I'll happily send you the exact LMs for those if you're interested!

Other than that, just fly around and enjoy the place.  And I think Estate Sun is permanently set to sunset, at least it was when I visited just now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.