Changing outfit not working/random attachments

Orion Delphis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys

I've struck a problem with my avatar.  Yesterday when I tried to change outfit not only did it not change but it became randomly taking objects from my inventory (everything from houses to golf clubs) and attaching them to the av. Every time I log back in the same thing happens - I stay a cloud but to others my partly ruthed av is at the centre of objects pulled from my inventory worn as attachments.  When I try to change outfits again the viewer crashes.  If I try to rebake the viewer crashes.    I have tried clearing the cache but this changes nothing. 

I've been in SL since 2006 and never had this happen before - everything was fine while I was using it yesterday until the last change of outfit when all this came out of left field.  I'm using Firestorm - but tried the official viewer without much luck.

Could someone point me in the right direction? I'm feeling pretty freaked about it.

Thanks for any help!

2 answers to this question

Thanks for that but unfortunately it did not work - steps 1 and 2 did not work and for step 3 the moment I try to change outfit it crashed.

I tried going back to the viewer 1.23 and it allowed me to change outfits as if nothing was wrong.  But the moment I tried to open Firestorm again it ruthed me and began randomly attaching items from inventory again - so the same problem still.  Back iin 1.23 I was able to get my av back again.

I'd really like to be able to go back and keep using Firestorm rather than viewer 1.23.  Can anyone help please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.