Hello =) Books selling)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A link to your blog is allowed in your signature. However your are not allowed to adversite for selling goods (wether they are books or not) outside Second Life.

You may want to review in detail the following product which is available on the Marketplace, see if it give you ideas for your needs and your project. Check carefully the permissions, as it seems it cannot be copied or reselled.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/IntelliBook-V12-Boxed/2595356

you would have to sell a product in second life and very cheap for people to buy it.

i dont think many would buy a book to read in sl when you can easily do that in rl. we do what we cannot do easily in rl on sl.

but if you want to sell you will need building skills and maybe make billboards or something. i made a "make offer" sign one time. maybe going farther i could have made a poem and displayed it in some musium.

i can't imagine how you could do that in a practical way.

the only thing i can think of would require a some coding and textures. like making each page a texture, then applying those textures to a prim while having some code to change(turn the page) the texture as desired by the reader.

you could make a e-reader tablet thing. or get someone to make for you

not sure how many you would sell though. maybe can just give away as a cool gadgety attachment. lots of people like them kinda things. cellphones, tablets, mp4 players for their avatars. just to wear even if they dont work or do anything

+

if give away then think of it like a free iApp

if you want it to work inworld then can put the pages on a website and use prim media on the tablet to show the pages

just change out a short story now and again. can make so is a linkback from the gadget to your website. people can get/buy off there your stories for RL$ for their RL e-reader or kindle or whichever. same other people who find you on the interwebz itself

if you a good story teller then i think people will buy them off you RL. if so then can just use SL as a marketing channel at least for that part maybe

I think it would be easier and more successful if you simply sold a book that linked to a place to buy your stories online, and 'sold' that book for 0L or 1L instead. Basically you'd be giving out ads to your website. 

There are free publications in Second Life, so I don't see people buying books to read while in Second Life, but who knows. Stranger things have happened.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4528 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.