most of everything i add to inventory disappears after i log off and then relog

Nabreena Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

last 3 weeks whenever i add items to inventory, and i log off, when i log on, majority of added items are gone.  yesterday i purchased 12 no copy rugs.  when i relogged, only 5 were in my inventory.  i've recently purchased 8 pair of shoes of which i lost 6 and 3 pairs i had to buy 3 times b/c twice they disappeared from inventory.  in these recent weeks, i've lost hundreds of items i returned to inventory.  and many were no copy items, and seemingly lost to me forever.  my current viewer i use mostly is phoenix 1.6.1 1691.  i also have downloaded firestorm and your viewer two.  and i cannot retrieve lost items from any viewer.  i know items must be somewhere in inventory, but i cannot get them to appear.  over the last year, my object/item loss has been astronomical.  i would appreciate any help you can give me in solving this incredibly frustrating situation.  i am spending a fortune replacing items if i can find them.  if u look on my trans history, every item i recently purchased from glimmer moon, arrived in my inventory only to be gone the next time i relogged.  3 days ago i picked up the linked pieces of a large ballroom i needed to move to another location.  all the pieces went successfully to inventory.  next day, 80% of the linked pcs were gone from inventory, and never found again.  i'm now leery of putting anything in inventory, new or used, as the risk of losing them is very high.........HELP !!!! ....................     NABREENA MAGIC

2 answers to this question

It sounds as if you have a severe Internet connection issue. Your invenory is actually on Linden Lab's asset servers, or should be, but your own computer is not staying connected properly, so the locally cached copy of your inventory is incomplete.  That means you can't reach what's on the servers.

I suggest doing a very careful reading of Nalates's blog >>> http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/  , paying particular attention to your packet loss and ping sim diagnostics.  If either of those numbers is out of line, you will be losing random pieces of data.  One simple piece of advice first : If you have been on wireless, get off of it now.  Wireless can be a major source of connection issues for SL residents, so use a direct cable instead.

I'm having similar problems and so is a friend.  I reported this to LL several weeks ago and was told they could not help me when I asked that they reload my full inventory.  I was told they cannot do this.  I buy things one day see them in my inventory and when I relog they are gone as well as other older items that can no longer be found.  It's very frustrating to buy things and never even get to use them.  I have tried all the usual solutions that they suggest and to no avail.  After my last ticket filing with LL and being told sorry can't help you I am reluctant to file one with the same problem again.  I'm  a premium customer so I have tried both chat and the ticket method. Chat tells me to file a ticket and they will help expedite it last time took 3 weeks of being frustrated by days of no replies and final answer of sorry we can't help you.  I am getting to the point of deciding not to buy anything any more and just watch everything disappear.  I have seen other peeps chatting in groups about haivng the same issue.  So I don't have any answers or suggestions for you but wanted to let you know that your not alone with this problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.