DAZ 3 Software Questions

isabellalecour

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen the freebies give out by DAZ Studios and I'm wondering; what all do I need to pick up from their freebie offers to do amimations?

I've already downloaded the DAZ 3D, Hexgon and Bryce but they offer a few more free content packages. Are any of those packages useful in doing animations? I'd like to get all that I need before the free offer runs out. 

Thanks for your time. :) 

If by "freebie" you mean the mesh props they sometimes offer on their mailers, then no you do not need them at all to make animations. To make animations all you need is Daz Studio. I am unsure if they are still offering it for free, they were not so long ago. Once you have that installed you can begin making animations by importing the SL Avatar mesh.

Picking up Hexagon as well as Byrce since they are still free wouldnt hurt you may at some point want to get into modeling to mesh objects and that is something you can do with hexagon granted blender will still come into the work flow even if you use Hexagon but I got my start using Hexagon and has made my transition to Blender a little less painful in my learning curve just an opinion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.