avatar creation and templates to use?

emmettcullen93

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

what do i need to get started making avatars. i eventually want to make a emmett cullen avatar with skin and shape and eyes and all. does anybody know where i can get started? i use photoshop and transfer my files via thumbdrive to my labtop to load them to SL.

All traditional shapes (i.e. non-mesh) are based on the shapes that pop up when you select "New Shape" in your viewer and the sliders there are all that anyone uses to edit them.

You can find free skin PSD/GIMP files on the Internet to practice on (but I'm not too familiar with male skins like this.) Try a Google search for "Eloh Eliot", who has a number of free open-source skin templates you can practice on.

Eyes are basically a texture that's a colorful circle t in the right place, with maybe a little detail in the "whites" added. You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a template that shows where to put the eye graphics.

• Like 1

Theresa already gave you the info for creating shapes.

These are the templates you need: http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/SL-Tuts/SLPages/AVUVTemplates.html for skins, eyes and clothes.

Then have a look here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clothing_Tutorials for tutorials on how to actually create things. Some of them might seem a bit old, but nothing have really changed on the SL side, so that should not be a problem.

All that remains is to say 'Good Luck' :D

- Luc -

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.