Super Lag!!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, a few weeks ago my land suddenly became laggy and I had to leave it now I was RPing in a sim perfectly then it had to restart so I logged out and wited like 5 mins. When i logged back in the sim was RIDICLOUSLY laggy, like 930msec even thought 5 mins before it was 90msec. That's not just happening in 2 particular sims but in many others and all started like 2 weeks ago. It's been impossible to play SL because I just can't play since most of the places I liked visiting are now laggy for me but not for anyone else.

Ok people will ask me to check on my internet connection so I did it in advance 

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1926738378.png  <<=== I have 10mb connection and it's saying my connection os working perfectly fine but since I don't trust those webpages fully I called my internet service and they also said my signal was perfect. So my connection alone isn't to be blammed. 

Because of that I asked around if it could be a problem with the connection between my PC and the server of the SIM and they said it might be so I was like YAY SL is F@&#%#ing me. They also explained me that ares with many sims linked, like wastelands, have all the sims in the same server which means that if I lag in one of the 12 sims all lag in all of them, which is pretty logic. So I decided to try since I'm pretty stubborn, I teleported to wastelands and walked from a sim with 930msec to the neighbor sim, which tecnically is hosted in the same server. What happened? My lag dropped to 90... Ok from that moment I just had no idea of what was going on and decided going on with my theory that LL decided lagging people randomly for fun (no offense LL, of course I don't believe that...).

So now I'm open for Ideas, I'm lagging, my pc is "awesome" for games which means no, i'm not having fps problems, my fps is 78 with max graphics on, my internet is running perfectly fine and the laggy sims are random for me. Ah btw I live in brazil, which wasn't supposed to mean anything since i've been playing SL for almost 6 years and never had this problem before (the problem happened on both second life official V3 and firestorm).

Again, it's not a graphic problem

Thanks, any help is welcome :(

Nope, it's not a graphics problem.

It's an internet connection problem.

"930msec" is your ping time, yes?  While usable for a lot of things that is going to be bad for interactive stuff and cause all the things you said.  Try pingtest.net (to a server in Western USA) instead of speedtest.net.  That will test the quality of your line, not just the speed.  If you are using a wireless connection to your modem, that is even more likely to be the problem.  Distance, walls, radiators & electronics between your computer and modem all make the signal weaker.

Every time you cross from one sim to another your computer has to make new connections and download much more information.

Incidentally - the way to check if a SIM is laggy, rather than the connection you have with it, is to look at the time-dilation and sim FPS figures in the statistics window (ctrl-shift-1), where you can also see your ping and packet-loss, of course.

And if you love in Brazil and speak Portuguese it does mean one thing - you're really, really good at English, well done :-)

hehe thanks.

Well I did the ping test brazil ~ USA and it gave me 130ms but I'm still egtting 500 to 900 in many places of SL.

Once again my ping changed suddenly while I was visiting a sim that was completely free of lag and I just can't find any logic for it...

is probably the routing between LL server and your ISP

like the path that the packets are taking

if the normal path is blocked or stalled then the packets get re-routed another way (is how the internet works)

blocking and stalling happens alot when you outside the US and want to get in. sometimes your packets can get sent to Japan or Europe even before it goes to the USA

google for packet tracing. can find out about how that works

can also get quite a few free programs to help you trace the packets between you and LL server (and anything else you want to trace as well)

eta: is actual not an LL or your problem. is nothing you or LL can do about it. the only fix you have is if your ISP is throttling you or re-routing you a cheaper (for them) way. the packet traces will tell you. can fix your ISP by changing to another one (:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.