Full body tattoo layer with skin details?

Jo Yardley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a decent skin but it is a bit smooth and boring.

For my face I just bought a tattoo layer that adds little details that makes it rougher, more realistic.

Moles, scratches, wrinkles, spots, not much, just a little to add some depth and texture to your avatar.

I was wondering if there is something like that for the entire body.

Just to add some realism to my arms and legs for instance.

I did look at marketplace, but searching with tattoo and skin keywords just gives too many suggestions.

The most common thing along those lines you will find in the marketplace are breast enhancers (adds cleavage depth), and marking for use with adult toys (think whip marks). Although I've never seen anything that adds wrinkles or the like.

My suggestion to you would be to make your own. Or to try searching for one keyword in the tattoo category with out the word "skin"

I don't think I have the time to learn how to make skins at the moment, as a builder and sim manager, my looks sort of come down the list of things to do.

I find it odd that nobody else has made this yet.

I reckon it could be quite a money spinner.

You buy skins that are without make up and any markings and then you can customise it by adding freckles, wrinkles, scars, spots, makeup, etc.

The options are limitless.

You could age your avatar every couple of years, not dratically turn them into grannies but simply by adding a layer that just adds a tiny wrinkle here and there, on your original skin, the one everyone knows.

The only tattoo layers I've seen are very drastic and extreme.

I did see one very good one, it was a "rough skin for men" tattoo layer that added some great extra texture to my face.

Would be great if they did a full body one.

Makes everything look a lot more realistic.

A friend of mine once released a few of these sorts of layers (mostly freckles/moles, beauty marks, lipstick designs, eyeshadows, although there were others) for RFL last year. I still wear them because they're excellent. If you like I can get in touch and see if she'd be interested in doing a few more?

If so, I'll send her an IM next time I'm in-world so you two can figure out what's involved =]

I often find as a woman in SL lots of skins are the right color but shaded badly pale skins are the worsed for this and i've only found two or three good pale skin makers Only one does natrual colord skins. An extra shadeing layer would be wondful for women. Also pale skins for men dont have much shadeing ether and look rather flat There was a layer my partner found that was an orange color mostly and looked nasty on a pale skin. Extra definition and shading would be wondful.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.