Sculpty rendering problem - sculpties appear jagged

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a problem when using any current Linden viewer (main release, Beta or Development) where certain sculpted prims fail to render correctly (jagged lines rather than fully formed shapes). I've added details with images as a comment on the only similar jira I could find,  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2533

Using Firestorm (my preferred  viewer) the sculpties render correctly.

My partner, using the same graphics card, does not have the same problem.

I have worked through graphics settings, NVidia settings, checked renderVolumeLOD factor (currently 6.0 but changing it has no effect), drivers are up to date, cache has been cleared at least once while testing.

It's not a major issue for me but when it does happen it's annoying and I would really like to find a solution so any ideas welcome!

I've been and looked at it with Viewer 3.3.0 and Dev Viewer 3.3.2 and it works fine for me.

All I can suggest is trying to delete your Second Life user settings (a pain I know) and a full uninstall/re-install in case any settings have gone a bit weird.

Your GPU shouldn't be the issue - I often use a dual-core 8600GT system (though not this month) and it usually runs Second Life fine.

Hitomi, you are a treasure beyond compare and I love you to death! I uninstalled all viwers, trashed all cache and prefs folders, reinstalled and lo! properly rendered sculpties.

As  you say it's a pain to do but I was having odd problems with prefs anyway so clearly things like this show a good cleanup is in order. Must do it routinely in future.

You will need to use Advanced menu to debug the appearance of sculpts in the viewer.  After you enable the Advanced menu, go to "debug" then enter this command "rendervolumeLODfactor" and increase it, perhaps even to 4.025 and you may need to repeat occasionally if you crash out because the setting might not hold.

sculpts as they are meant to be seen--

advanced> debug> rendervolumeLODfactor> 4.025

emilia Avindar wrote:

You will need to use Advanced menu to debug the appearance of sculpts in the viewer.  After you enable the Advanced menu, go to "debug" then enter this command "rendervolumeLODfactor" and increase it, perhaps even to 4.025 and you may need to repeat occasionally if you crash out because the setting might not hold.

sculpts as they are meant to be seen--

advanced> debug> rendervolumeLODfactor> 4.025

A reminder to others that the rendervolumeLODfactor is also conveniently set as part of the 'Advanced' settings in the 'Graphics' preferences panel.  Just use the 'Mesh Detail: Objects' slider - unfortunately it doesn't specify the value being used, but moving the slider to the right leads to better 'pop out' of sculpts and mesh, but may slow down your Second Life experience.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4393 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.