will there ever be a online chat so i dont have to download to chat and also to chat on phone?

liro String

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

As far as I know, LL has no plans to implement this themselves. SL is intended to be an interactive virtual world, not a chat service. If you really want to be able to this, you have a couple of options:

1) Download one of the mobile clients. There are a couple on the Third Party Directory, and I'm sure there are others out there as well (though LL always advises that you be careful of ANY TPV, whether or not it is on their directory but especially if it is not). I know of at least one that works for android phones, and one for iPhones. I do not know if they are free; one I know is not, but it is also not very expensive.

2) Get AIM or MSN or Yahoo or any other of the many free IM services out there. I believe many are available on phones, as well. Tell friends you want to be able to contact you through these services what your username is. (If you feel insecure about have SL friends on a messaging service you use for RL friends, you can create a separate account for this.)

As far as I know, until and unless phones get the graphics capabilites of computers (and use compatible operating systems), you will never be able to effectively run a full version of SL on them. As I said, try AIM/MSN/Yahoo. What you're asking for is really not the intention of SL in the first place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4399 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.