Learning Blender for Second Life

Zembel Braham

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey,

I am curious about Blender, and not a little intimidated. I have glanced at some beginner tutorials. Of course I understand you need to start with basics about designing 3D objects, but looking further on I don't understand how any of the things they are doing would be used in Second Life.

Is there any tutorial that moves from the very basics to simple projects in SL, like "Hello Avatar" for scripting?

Zem

Many of the Blender tools the tutorials show you will not be used in SL. Unless, your the kind of creative person whose produce varies far and wide. Certainly some of the texturing and shading options will not work in SL. Not all of the surface types (like NURBS) will work in SL. Just because you can't think of a use for a technique or tool doesn't mean you won't find one later as you push the boundries.

They really do need to sticky some of these threads. As for official documentation, I asked about that in the last content user group and the response was that they weren't planning on adding any more documentation at the moment. Now that mesh is part of the regular feature set, I assume they only have so many man hours to give just to mesh issues. *shrugs*

Thanks to all for the replies. Sorry if I asked a "sticky" question, but I was not asking about tutorials to learn Blender. I was asking what Blender tutorials included simple projects for Second Life. I see a few such in the above. Good point also about how learning "useless" (for SL) things might turn out to be very smart, when you have some inspiration.

Zem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.