Is there a tutorial out there on photo framing? My drop shadow looks different at an angle...

Cali Souther

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been working on tutorials, and such - trying to get better at taking and framing pictures in Second Life.

If I look at it from the left angle,  it looks good - the drop shadow looks fine...

If I pan over, and look at it from the right,  the drop shadow prim appears to be in *front* of the picture instead of behind it.

I use the grippers to move things,  since I have even less luck trying to adjust the numbers.

Any tips or tricks for this one?

I took some pics for example, but do not see where I can attach those here.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thanks for assistance below.. will take me some time to work on that .. I can't figure out how to "respond" ...     LOL .. 

Lindal Kidd

Thank you!  I would really like to do that,  but I do not know how to get it to upload without losing the transparency.  Sorry for the delay in my reply, and thank you very much for the advice.  I will go by and see what you have done!  I like this solution the best!!

Now to figure out how to do it!  :-)

2 answers to this question

You respond just the way you did...by editing your initial post.  This forum works a bit differently from the other forums, and we can only respond to an initial post, not each other.

Here's my suggestion:  Don't use a drop shadow prim.  If you want to show a shadow from your picture frame on the picture, bring it into Photoshop and add a drop shadow directly on the picture itself.  You can also add some nice lighting effects.  Visit my club, Ava's Gardens, to see some Photoshop work applied to pictures to create the illusion of a frame and lighting.  Everything on the walls there is only ONE prim.

EDIT:  When you have the text entry window open you should see an icon that looks like a picture attached to a pipe.  Click that to upload an image. (It's between the Link "chain" icon and the video "film" icon.)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.