Confused about my tier level & payments

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!

This month, I bought land that goes beyond my free 512 tier that I get for being a premium member. I have now joined the ranks of those who have to pay tier every month. I currently have a property that is 3104 meters. It is not a perfect squared rectangle, and the owner of the little notches next to me may be willing to sell them.

I have looked at my land holdings page, and it tells me that I may own up to 4096 meters without increasing my monthly tier of $25.00 USD (L$6,175 Linden dollars @ Current Rate). the page also states that I may own up to 4608 meters.

I guess the source of my confusion is that I have been thinking that it's $5 USD monthy tier for every 512 I own.

It appears to me that it is a sliding scale, although I may be wrong.

What I need to know, so I don't go over my monthly budget, is...

Can I actually own up to 4096 meters of land, and still keep my monthly tier at $25.00 USD?

$25.00 USD is about L$6,175, and my current inworld earnings are about L$6,600 monthly.

Can I actually pay my monthly tier with my monthly inworld earnings?

Being so new, it is kind of confusing, and a little scary to me.

Thank You in advance for any helpful advice you may be able to give me.

In answer to your questions.

Yes you can actually own up to 4608sqm at a $25 per month tier (4096 paid + 512 free)  And if you create a group to own the land, you can own an additional 10% or 5068sqm total

Yes it is a sliding scale.

Yes you can use the linden you earn inworld to pay your monthly tier BUT you need to covert it to USD by selling it in the Linden Exchange so that the dollars go into your USD account as a credit.  Then when the monthly billing comes along, LL will first take from you USD account (ie your credit) before they charge your credit card or Paypal account.  As long as you have enough USD credit sitting there each month, you will never get charged on your credit card.  I handle my land tier AND my premium account payments that way and have for the last 3 years.

I found the best way to manage this was to sell my linden once a week.  I do that on Tuesdays after the weekly stipend payments arrive.  Since I actually have a couple premium alt accounts as well, I simply decide who needs the USD credits next and collect all the linden to that account and then sell.  By doing it on a scheduled basis and staying a couple months ahead of my tier payments, I am never in a panic situation where I need to sell linden and can't get online or something silly like that. 

--Cinn

Thank you Cinn for the inciteful & clear information.

The only thing I am not clear about now, is the USD account you mentioned...

Is that a feature here in Second Life / Linden Labs? like a Savings account?

Or...

Do you mean cash it in to my Paypal, or actual Bank Account?

I hope it's the first option, I have been wanting to have a savings account in Second Life, so I don't have to worry about keeping a minimum balance in my actual RL account to cover tier fees.

I only have one avatar that needs to pay tier right now. The others are currently only owning their free 512s.

I only have one avatar that needs to pay tier right now. The others are currently only owning their free 512s.

OMG! You have more than 1 premium account??? Here's what you do:

- create a group

- invite all your alts into that group

- have them each deed their 512s to that group

Now you can buy a mighty huge parcel for that group (don't forget the 10% bonus).And the best is you can absolutely trust all members of your group :matte-motes-nerdy:

Okay, I have figured it out, and now have all the funds needed to pay my tier for at least the next 3 monthes in the USD part of my account.

I arrived at the conclusion that of the Linden Dollar amount being like a checking account, and the USD account being like a savings account.

I must thank you once again, Cinn.

Your explanation above was the clear simple answer I was looking for to get it done, and understand the concept.

The Linden Knowledge Base just confused me, Live chat just sent me back to the Knowledge Base, and when I called, aside from no real help, she actually hung up on me.

Your answer was just what I needed Cinn. Many, Many Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4390 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.