sculp in blender 2.49

AshleyNicolle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have a Q that i hope someone can help me with. i have tried and tried to find a way to move just one face without moving more in blender, like a table leg and i know i cant use extrude so i have used grab and scale, so  i wonder if anyone can help me and tell me how  i should do that without moving faces around the face i will move

Quite simple: Select your face and split it! Press the Y key, confirm and that's it.

It works with a single face or several and the same with vertices.

However, I hope that you are not talking about sculpties. They don't like you to mess with their mesh. In general, the export script will complain and you'll just have to put all your work into the trashcan. But for a "real" mesh, splitting is just business as usual.

Just for the information: W key >> Remove doubles. (The label should actually be "Merge by proximity" or something.) If you don't explicitely recreate bridges in between your islands of vertices, just bring vertices from two islands together, select them and use this feature to make them one again.

Once again, not a feature to use with sculpties... Sculpties are very strict with faces and vertices counts.

When you refer to sculpted prims, then splitting and extruding would not work (except you know the details of how sculpted prims work technically and what you need to do to get it working).

there is one possible way to go when you want to "separate some faces"  from the rest. This is "fractional sculpting". Here is a link:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/3d-creation/video-tutorials/sculpties-advanced-tutorials/2-in-1/

i hope that helps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.