Individual x y z in world scale not available?? (resolved)

groovyloopylou Aya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So yesterday I uploaded a mesh and went to fine tune the scale in world and only had the option to scale on all axis not individual ones.

I re-uplaoded a model I submitted last week (which has the option to scale on any of the axis individually) and found the new upload only allows me to scale on all 3 at once.

Also the land impact has doubled, same file (.dae), highest LOD (i.e. triangles all up to max on all LOD settings)

last weeks model upload

lastweek.png

today's model upload (same .dae file and settings)

today.png

seriously confused???

Anything changed that would make this happen?

i got it,

1. I uploaded the wrong file to test :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

2. When the mesh in max is exported attached i get full scaling, and if i export it unattached I can only scale it on all 3 at once.

and FYI the unattached version, I can edit linked parts and scale the pieces individualy.

ok blonde moment over, tempted to run away n hang my head in shame but will leave this up in case anyone else stumbles across this.

Thanks Pamela for responding. it was looking at my own picture that made me spot the problem lol

Yup and look like a complete noob :matte-motes-nerdy:

well that's a good wee lesson I learned there.

I ran another test on bet grid there on a desk I was originally trying to upload,

Attached version (exported from max as an attached model) came in with a land impact of 2 and the unattached version came in with 3.

veeeeery interesting. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.