Moving Linked Prim

2toe Bigboots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering if i can somehow move a prime linked to another with out unlinking it or changing its link number at least.

Example:  Say i have 5 linked Prim

linked order_001.png

I want to click one or click drag one to change its position with out unlinking or chaning link number if possible...

linked order_002.png

Not even close to sher were to start with this.... im doing some digging but is this even possible ?

Heres what ive got so far works in lsl editor but you know how that is it loves theorys lol

should give you 10 sec to move after touch then relink but its not relinking i must be wrong someware in telling it what ti link to.

key relink;default{	state_entry()	{		llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_CHANGE_LINKS);		relink = llGetLinkKey(llGetLinkNumber());	}	touch_start(integer total_number)	{		llGetPermissions();		llBreakLink(llGetLinkNumber());		llSetTimerEvent(10.0);	}	timer()	{		llGetPermissions();		llCreateLink(relink,TRUE);		llSetTimerEvent(0);	}}

lol cute but im looking to write a script so i can move with my mouse. and it will keep its link number.

key relink;relinkR(){    llGetPermissions();    llCreateLink(relink,TRUE); <~~~ changing to true makes root change to False makes not root    llSetTimerEvent(0);}MoveB(){    llGetPermissions();    llBreakLink(llGetLinkNumber());    llSetTimerEvent(10.0);}default{    state_entry()    {        llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),PERMISSION_CHANGE_LINKS);        relink = llGetLinkKey(2);    }    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        MoveB();    }    timer()    {        relinkR();    }}

Please learn once and remember always that llRequestPermissions() regardless what permission you're requesting, is meaningless without processing run_time_permissions event. This is true even if a permission is supposed to be granted automatically. Even more so in case of PERMISSION_CHANGE_LINKS because this permision is NOT granted automatically.

Your llGetPermissions() does not do anything at all, it is an idle code line. Read the function's description in the wiki and figure out why as a home work :)

Alright. I did not succeed in making it work with the root and I find it still too slow altho I managed to make it very minimalist... but it works!

integer GrabbedLink;vector CurrentPos;default{    state_entry()    {    }    touch_start(integer numb)    {        GrabbedLink = llDetectedLinkNumber(0);        GrabbedLink *= (GrabbedLink != 1); // Ignore the root.        // Equivalent to: if (GrabbedLink == 1) { GrabbedLink = 0; }        // Working on link number 0 silently fails in linksets.        CurrentPos = llDetectedTouchPos(0);    }        touch(integer num)    {        vector new_pos = llDetectedTouchPos(0);        if (new_pos) // != ZERO_VECTOR then held cursor is (still) within the prim area.        {            // Let's move... or not. We don't check for speed reasons.            CurrentPos = llList2Vector(llGetLinkPrimitiveParams(GrabbedLink, [PRIM_POS_LOCAL]), 0) + (new_pos - CurrentPos);            llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast(GrabbedLink, [PRIM_POS_LOCAL, CurrentPos]);        }    }}

If you use it on cubes, you can move them in 3D depending on the face where you click and how you move your mouse cursor... in a way that kind of makes sense... to me. :smileywink:

Kool ill give it a try. and the request oerm i made worked fin it req on rez and thats all i needed i tryed with it not there and cant work.

~edit~

after trying you solved the keeping link number but i cant really move it but maybe .02 of a meter. but still a huge step closer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.