Where can I find the classic viewer to download? The new ones are simply unusable and far too stupid

Kitti Swords

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The links were removed from the SL Wiki and etc.. Could anyone send me a direct link or the file itself? I don't know how people can even play SL with those new jokes they call viewers, where the simplest things like receving an IM or checking who among your friends are online requires you to click through 10 different buttons and resize 5 different windows. (Who was the genious who invented that, while in the classic viewer everything was just 1 click away?)

1 answer to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Kitti

Wiki information link http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

Right at the bottom is information about approved Third Party Viewers.

If you prefer old-style of viewer, try Phoenix or Imprudence. While I do agree with you that the Second Life Official Viewer 3 (current viewer) is a mind-numbing load of clusterf4ckery, it keeps getting tweaked, is a ton better than the original Viewer 2, and hopefully it will eventually morph into something more user-friendly for the masses.

Edited to add:

The latest version of Phoenix gives you the ability to view mesh clothing/objects, other viewers may not yet be compatible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4450 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.