DD - Item Name vs. Listing Name

Dante Velaystar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just had my first failed delivery from Direct Delivery.  I looked at the listing and noticed that the Item Name and the Listing Name were not the same, which worked fine out of magic boxes.  Dont know it this is gonna fix it or not, but I changed the listing name to match the item name by editing the listing.  I must use the term fix lightly as it is a workaround for a bug apparently that worked fine in the magic box system.  As I said, dont know if this makes this item deliverable or not as the status says it is...  but trying to problem solve.  If it fails again it goes back in the Magic Box...

The item name and the listing name does not have to be identical, but if you have unicode or even more than 7 bit good old ASCII characters in your listing name, the system will fail to deliver. 

Any character you can use in items names in the viewer Inventory should be safe to use in your listing name. 

This is a major design flaw in the DD system, and unless corrected, makes it impossible to supply product listings in non English languages. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4424 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.