Can you buy a Linden house and give it as a gift for a friend who does not have a credit card

Evgyrt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello Evgyrt ,

No you can't give it as a gift for a friend who don't have a CC , neither a friend who has CC .

But you can set a group for your house , and make it private for people who has the group only , and give the rights to your friend and give him/her owner in the group .. so he/she can work at the house freely like it's her/his house .

That is the only way , hope that helped you :)

• Like 1

Bear in mind that a Linden Home doesn't have a "price", a one time cost.  It's a benefit of Premium membership.

Premium membership can only be held if you have a credit card or a verified PayPal account.  So your friend cannot be Premium, and they cannot own a Linden Home.

If you want, you could let them use YOUR Linden Home as their own, as described by other answers here.  Or you could buy a plot of Mainland, form a group with your friend, and deed that land to the group.  And then pay the monthly tier on the land for your friend.

This is all a lot of work.  It would be easier just to 1) find a small parcel on a Private Estate, 2) have your friend lease it, and 3) send your friend enough $L every month to pay for it.

EDIT:  You don't say how well you know your friend.  If you know them in Real Life and you want to help them that's one thing.  But please be aware that there are lots of scammers and con artists in SL, who will pretend to be your friend in order to get money from you.  Your decision is up to you, but if it were me I would never support a "friend" by paying for their land.

I am sorry to say that I find your solution way much more complicated than allowing his/her friend to the Linden home, Lindal... Plus, any plot other than the Linden one won't have a house. i.e.: looking for a parcel + have the friend lease it + send him money every month + find a house (that will count against the prim allowance).... wheww!!! That's what I call a lot of work! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4448 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.