When wearing new clothes, top and bottom still on avatar.

Slicovico

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

I'm a newbie here in SL. I have bought a few outfits from the marketplace but when I wear the item I still see my avatar wearing a top and trousers under my new dress. The top and trousers seem like they are part of the mesh because I can't take the off. The dresses look great but because of the top and trousers it looks hideous. Is there way to remove those layers from the avatar so it can be completely nude and whatever I add will only be visible. Sorry if there's already a topic somewhere. Thanks for any help.

If you are using one of the skins which came with a starter avatar, there will be clothing as part of the skin. You need a new skin which doesn't include clothing.

There are plenty of acceptable (some excellent) free skins available if you don't have money to spend. Even if you are prepared to spend some L$, I recommend trying a few free skins first, to get the feel for what sort of look you prefer, and certainly to try plenty of demos before spending heaviily (skins are often one of the most expensive single components of an avatar).

I don't, as a rule, recommend 'freebie stores' which often are just collections of very old, and sometimes stolen, products of dubious quality. Exceptions include Free Dove and Fab Free (there's also a FabFree blog). If you are new enough (usually under 30 days old), you might find newbie special offers at skin stores. Finally, many skin stores give away free skins as group gifts (a lot of what is on FabFree comes from this category).

It sounds to me like you just need to work out how to remove the previous outfit. I haven't used the linden labs viewer in such a long time I am not sure the best way to do it on that. But under firestorm I look for the "current outfit" folder in the inventory and remove system layers and attachments from there. You can also usefully find the original location of the attachment from there to add any missing parts like alpha layers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3664 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.