Naked Problem

SophiaMac

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, before I start to talk about my 'problem' which is most likely my stupidity, I'd like to inform you that I'm a total newb and hope for your kindness and love. So I chose a classic avatar to start the game, and tried to get naked to see what I am working with. When I took off all my clothes, or thought i did, I was left with a white top and white underwear on, and a handbag that didn't seem to want to go away. I was wondering if there would be a way to remove these items. I know that there's a marketplace where I can buy things on the internet and have them transfer into the application, which is useful. 

TLDR; How do I become completely naked if there's a white top and white bottom on my that I cant seem to remove.

Also: I was experimenting with different clothes, free ones since I have not a clue of how to get money, and when they got on my account instead of becoming clothes, a little sort of picture appeared, which also managed to confuse me.

Thanks!

Hello Sohia, and welcome to SL :)  First, the default starter avatars have underwear built into their skins, you won't be able to remove them until you change skins.  The pictures that attach to you are actually boxes. You'll need to find a sandbox (go into the search function and simply search sandbox. Or search Fermi Sandbox, that's the one I use when I need to use one) and click and drag the item from your inventory onto the ground. You can then right click and choose open, and copy to inventory. 

UncommonTruth wrote:

Hello Sohia, and welcome to SL
:)
 First, the default starter avatars have underwear built into their skins, you won't be able to remove them until you change skins.  The pictures that attach to you are actually boxes. You'll need to find a sandbox (go into the search function and simply search sandbox. Or search Fermi Sandbox, that's the one I use when I need to use one) and click and drag the item from your inventory onto the ground. You can then right click and choose open, and copy to inventory. 

I really appreciate the reply! I just managed to make a new skin blah blah blah... thanks for the info! Very helpfull!

I've written an explaination on how to open those boxes here:

https://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/getting-started-in-second-life/#First_Outfits

Skins can get rather pricey in Second Life for good ones - 800-1000L is typical, and I've bought them for as much as 2000L. I suggest shopping around a lot for one, checking out 'demo' skins, comparing different artists until you find one who's style fits what you want.

Don't go with the first you see or even the first you like - compare as many as you can.

You can get a start on that process searching marketplace:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=377&search%5Bprice_high%5D=0

- That search looks in skins for anything free, which is usually a demo. You can then narrow it by male or female or unisex.

There's usually a link to get the full version or to the shop on the page that has the demo. If there is a shop, its always worth going there to look for specials.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.