Skyscraper

DelizaLove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to buy some land and put a skyscraper there with appartments for rent. Any suggestions on a good skyscraper mesh and some nice land ?

I would need land close to a commercial or residential area. Dont wanna place the skyscraper in the middle of nowhere. Where would be the best place to get land ?

In real life skyscrapers are necessary because gravity affects all objects with mass. The only way to densely pack people on fixed land footprints is by stacking dense concrete and steel. None of this is not true for Second Life - in Second Life skyscrapers are blocky, ugly structures that waste sky-views and cast shadows across large distances. Additionally, there's no need to have it close to anything, Second Life has free and instant teleportation. 

They also do poorly when rented, because living in close proximity makes no sense when - in actuality - they have 4096m to spread out vertically. Few people have interest in being sealed in a concrete box - between other concrete boxes - when it's just as practical to provide for them a cottage, beachhouse or skybox of their choice.

I would reconsider this idea. If you're not interested in reconsidering, you should learn more about land and conduct more research into rental operations that are successful. You will find - very quickly - that none of them use skyscrapers.

Second Life - Land

Hello :)

Check out marketplace for Red Queen...they have good ones.

Here an example:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Queens-Skytower/2211503

I have rented an appartment in this one, and I must say it looks really good inside.

You can visit the inworld shop too of Red Queen, where you can rezz the skyscrapers and take a closer look.

For land I would contact Beethros Karas inworld, he offers many different plots to rent and he is very very nice...

Good luck with both things, I hope you find what you are looking for...

Hi, if you are looking to get an apartment building to rent out rooms my town Star City has a huge multi story building that is currently vacant but can be turned into an apartment complex. So if you are interested in it please contact austin11r in game or message me on this website for more information. Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3432 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.