Remote calls from prim to prim

JoeJoe Suppenkraut

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Probably better to ask about this in the  Scripting Forum.     You probably want, however, to look at the information about Communications in the wiki.   Since your prims are on different, non-adjacent, sims, you need to look at llEmail and llHTTPRequest for two alternative methods.    

You will also find some useful examples and resources in the Support Scripts section, down right at the end of the LSL Library page.

Couldn't you use ||Say in one prim and have the other prim listen, on a designated private chat channel? Having the prim send an email doesn't seem all that helpful, although I am super dumb when it comes to scripting.

Oops, sorry...that'd only work in the same sim, in chat range.  See, I said I was dumb about scripts.

You will find that prims which are located on different sims can communicate via llEmail() and that a prim's email name is its UUID. Please consider in your scripting project at any time that---unlike an avatar's UUID which stays the same for the whole life time---a prim's UUID is created anew every time it is rezzed from inventory, even if the prim is no copy. Your scripting project might need a work-around or even an alternative solution due to this prim property. Maybe this hint has no relevance for you but I drop this comment here because if I had realized the matter early enough I would not have lost hours and hours of work. Good luck!

For any initial scripting information I found it very helpful to google "lsl" and then the command. First hit is in most cases the Linden Scripting Wiki which has a ll the details including examples. In your case I google "lsl llEmail", first hit is

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlEmail

further down this page you will find the chapter Prim 2 Prim Email with the basic code which makes the thing work. At the bottom of the page are links to the related commands. You can also google in addition "lsl free scripts llEmail" which brings you to a variety of ready made solutions.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.