I can't touch anything! Someone please help!

Kittie Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I created a new account/avitar today, and at first all was working just fine. About an hour into creating and editing, something happened and I can't touch anything. HUDs, appliers, clickable furniture, anything. Even by right clicking and selecting "touch" I can't touch the object. I've tried following all the advice I've seen in the forums. I've cleared my cache, relogged, tried different locations and different viewers. I even got on a completely different PC and nothing seems to fix this issue. I hope someone has advice that can help me remedy this. Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

Wow...that's something I have never heard of before!  After 7 years here, that doesn't happen very often.

Since the problem occurs with all the viewers you've tried, and on more than one computer, I think the most likely cause is something on Linden Labs' end of things.  File a Support Case using the Help/Support link in the upper right of this web page.

One other thing to check, though...when you used the different computers, were they using the same network and internet connection?  If you have a laptop, take it to another location and log in from there.  You can also try using the free Google public DNS servers instead of your ISP's DNS.  See here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Other things to do to check out your internet connection: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

It's possible that you have RestrainedLove (RLV) features enabled, if you're using a third party viewer. Seems weird that this would persist through multiple viewer installs but this may be worth trying...

Try disabling RLV via:-

Advanced Menu (Ctrl+Shift+D to show it if it's not visible) > Show Debug Settings > search 'RestrainedLove' > set toggle to FALSE.

You'll have to relog (close SL and re-open) in order for the change to take effect.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3378 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.